wow, it's been a while since i've posted! a little week off turned into a lot longer than i expected! i'm excited to share this little project though. it's super easy. and fast. and the possibilities are endless, which i always love. i have been eyeing brightly colored faux leather at the fabric store for a while, so i finally just bought some and decided to make this cute little envelope clutch. it's my new go-to clutch when i'm out and about sans diaper bag, the bright color is the perfect pop of color.
did i mention it's super easy? here's how you make it:
1. cut out a tall house shape. these are the dimensions i used, and it's the perfect large-but-not-too-large size.
2. right-side facing down, fold the end up to where the triangle starts at the top.
3. sew up the sides using a 1/4 inch seam allowance. the seam will show, so make sure it's nice and straight.
4. decide where you want your button and sew it on.
5. cut a slit in the 'roof ' (the top of the triangle). this is your button hole, so make sure it's in the right spot to close over the button and that it's large enough for the button to slip though.
that's it! enjoy your new summer accessory!